Scotland’s Third Sector Research Conference 2012:
exploring evidence in a time of change
2 November 2012
Pollock Halls, 18 Holyrood Park Road, Edinburgh, EH16 5AY
Austerity, public service reform and constitutional change: is it time for the third sector to step up? From politicians to media pundits, everyone is talking about the third sector. But do they know what they are talking about? Can the sector really deliver?
What can the evidence tell us, and what gaps need to be addressed? How far are the experiences of third sector organisations in Scotland diverging from the rest of the United Kingdom and what can be learnt?
Now in its third year, this is Scotland's premier conference on the third sector research agenda, bringing together Scottish Government, third sector researchers and practitioners, leading academics and public sector officials.
This year, the conference is being delivered in partnership with the Third Sector Research Centre. The conference will therefore welcome eminent speakers from leading UK universities alongside third sector practitioners and Scottish academics.
A major theme for this year is comparing and contrasting recent research on Scotland's third sector with other parts of the UK. A key feature of this will be a comparison between two 'longitudinal' research studies into the third sector in a changing public services environment which are taking place simultaneously in Scotland and England.
The event will be of interest to a wide range of participants from academics, students, third sector researchers, government policy-makers, research consultants, and public sector officials. There will be an emphasis on participation and networking. Meet others, make connections, help Scottish Government and others set their third sector research agendas and find future research partners.
- Professor Stephen Osborne, Edinburgh University
- Professor David Mullins, UK Third Sector Research Centre
- Dr Sarah Skerratt, Scottish Agricultural College
- Yvonne Strachan, Scottish Government
- Judith Robertson, Oxfam Scotland
- Dr Sue Bond, Napier University
- Dr Rob MacMillan, TSRC, Birmingham University
- Ruchir Shah, Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations
- University of Edinburgh Business School
- Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations
- Third Sector Research Centre
- Scottish Agricultural College
- Scottish Government
Book a place here
Delegate fees: £70 members, £90 non members
Bursaries and discounts available
For queries contact: Helen Swatton, SCVO on 0141 559 5019 or firstname.lastname@example.org